Customer: „Jaunrīgas attīstības uzņēmums” Ltd., 2006 – 2009.
Detailed plan for multi-functional city block development in Andrejsala port area (38 ha), Riga. The detailed plan re-planned the port area, created area of unique and multi-functional business services, accommodation, recreation and important public facilities (museums or concert halls) with high quality public space to complement the tourist attraction and business functions of the historic center of Riga and Riga Old Town. Developed detailed requirements for land use and construction (including specific terms of building height), public open space quality, waterfront use, creation of public facilities (Contemporary Art Museum).
The following have been developed as part of the detailed plan:
- Spatial development vision;
- Master plan for the area, spatial composition and construction programme (in collaboration with architectural firm “Office for Metropolitan Architecture” (Netherlands), engineering company “ARUP” (Great Britain), landscape concept (in collaboration with landscape architects Bureau “Inside – Outside” (Netherlands));
- Traffic study for Andrejsalas quarter;
- Alternatives for Hanza crossing;
- Building spatial composition and visual impact assessment (in collaboration with architectural firm “FORMA”);
- Description of geological characteristics of the territory;
- Dendrological research;
- Evaluation of social infrastructure;
- Cultural heritage value assessment.