Customer: Aizkraukles Banka, 2008 – 2011.
Detailed plan of the former Riga Freight Station (brownfield land of 26 ha) to permit development of multipurpose building block with commercial, residential, recreational and educational functions. Total of ~ 500 000 m2 of built up area is planned with estimated population of ~ 7000. Detailed plan solution is based on the block development concept prepared by architectural office “Schaller Architekten BDA RIBA” (Germany) in cooperation with companies “E.Danševska Office” (transportation solutions), architecture and design firm “A_Plus” (visual impact analysis), “Terra Firma Consulting” (UK, greenery development strategy).
Performed studies and evaluations:
- Evaluation of existing buildings;
- Evaluation of dendroflora composition and condition;
- Estimation of social infrastructure;
- Greenery development strategy;
- Modeling of estimated air pollution;
- Traffic flow studies;
- Architectural composition of the territory;
- Visual impact analysis;
- Proposing sustainable solutions to pollution remediation and creation of a public park.